Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Adventures in Cooking: A Trip to the ER and Why I Started this Blog

A couple of weeks ago, on a Tuesday night, I cut my finger on a tin can and had to go to the emergency room to get four stitches.

After I cut myself, in a state of more annoyance than anything else, I had to call Travis to come and take me to the ER. When he walked in the door from work, one of the first things out of his mouth was, "what on earth are you making?"

The answer to the question: I was making a lot of things. I had a red sauce for pasta in the sauce pan. There was a soup in the works, involving, as it were, a can of stewed tomatoes with a very sharp lid. I also had shredded a rotisserie chicken for a to-be-determined dish for later in the week. And various elements of all of these dishes were scattered in mid-preparation throughout my kitchen.

This scene, minus the blood and gore, is a common one in my house. I love trying new recipes, often many at the same time, and I get a big kick out of learning how to cook. And, like virtually everyone else that starts a food-related blog, I am starting this site as a way to share my recipes - and my injuries - with any fellow wannabe foodies who might be interested.

Now, I realize that there are a lot of people out there for whom reading a food blog is a more of a chore than a hobby. If this is true of you, I hope that you can use this site as a place to find recipes that work the first time, aren't too fussy, taste good, and are worth making again.

No comments:

Post a Comment